Announcing: Your Last Options Dialog (YLOD)
Published on Sunday, November 20, 2011 7:07:50 PM UTC in Programming
Similar to the idea behind my project "Your Last About Dialog" (YLAD) I have created an implementation of a generic options/settings dialog for Windows Phone. The goal is to make it as easy as possible for you to set up such a dialog, but at the same time keep all options to extend and customize it when required. The features in detail are:
- Uses reflection to support arbitrary objects as "data providers" for the options page. No need to implement custom interfaces or use special types – continue using your POCOs for your user and application settings.
- Use attributes to customize the behavior and looks of your individual options, in particular:
- Supports grouping of options into pivot items
- Supports sorting of options
- Supports validation
- Supports localization using standard resources mechanism
- Has custom features depending on the data type (e.g. input scope for strings etc.)
- Much more…
- Highly extensible component, in particular:
- Change existing views (editors) to your own
- Add support for additional data types – even your custom ones
- Implement custom validators for your particular needs
- Prepares and extracts all data on a background thread for maximum responsiveness
This initial release already supports a wide variety of data types, including bool, integral types (byte, short, int, long), floating types (float, double, decimal), DateTime, TimeSpan, strings, color and all enumerations. To learn more, please visit the project:
In the NuGet gallery ("Extras" extensions in the NuGet gallery)
For a quick overview and details on how to use the component, make sure to read the walkthrough.
As always, comments and feedback as well as feature requests and bug reports are very welcome.
Tags: CodePlex · NuGet · Options Dialog · Windows Phone 7 · YLOD